The ‘Design Series’ Level
The Design Series collects all the series into one Portfolio, on the site home page.
Links to the Design Series appear on the top menu (Design) and in the Nav section at the bottom of the page of each Series and Object level item (the 4 boxes in the centre).
Generally this section works without any need for editing. Portfolio items are called according to their Portfolio Category (Lights, Wearables, etc) – the section is populated by labelling an item with the appropriate category.
It will need to be edited when there is a new Design Category, (eg. ‘Installations’, or ‘Wall Works’ or such might be added, especially if they began to be commissioned).
- To do this, first add the new category under Portfolio > Portfolio Categories, on the left menu.
- Then label the Series item with the category
Next, add the new category to the Design Series portfolio items
- Open the site home page: All Pages > Home — Front Page
- Go to the Portfolio Items element in the WP Bakery section
- Select the green pencil that appears when you hover over this element
- Click on the Build Query button
- Under ‘Taxonomy’, type the first few letters of the category.
- A spinning wheel appears and you will be presented with the category – if more than one appears, make sure you choose the one with (portfolio_category) after it.
Update the item and then select View Post. The labelled Series item should then appear in the section.
If it doesn’t, check that it carries a Featured Image